- Oversee the on-site operations of the construction project from start to finish.
- Perform a key role in project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed.
- Create the teams, develop the objectives/goals of each and assign individual responsibilities.
- Assist the Project Manager with project accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking if team expenses and minimizing exposure and risk in the project
- Ensure that construction activities move based on pre-determined schedule.
- Devise the project work plans and make revisions as and when need arises.
- Communicate effectively with the contractors responsible for completing various phases of the project.
- Coordinate the efforts of sub-contractors and laborers.
- Monitor the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with all the sub-contractors
- Maintain strict adherence to the quality and safety standards through daily inspection of all work.
- Daily inspection of construction sites.
- Ensure project documents are complete.
- Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims.
- Liaise with inspectors on the standard requirements of the site in terms of permit requirements, building inspections and safety.
- Documentation of the project status through daily reports.
- Bonus/Gainsharing – Varies
- Allowances – $500/month Vehicle Allowance
- American Express Card for expenses
- Fuel up to 1 tank per week (unless authorized for more)
- Health Insurance (Company contributes up to $300/month)
- 401K – Crimson matches 50% of employee’s contribution up to 6% of base salary
- PTO – 120hrs per year (does not roll over each year)
- Paid Holidays
- High School Diploma – 4-year degree is construction management a plus
- Minimum 5 years of experience in construction projects.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of construction means; methods and safety standards is essential.
- Knowledge of computer software such as Word, Excel, Project and Outlook and the use of iPads.
- Ability to plan and organize a team effort.
- Good client management and goodwill building ability.
- Capacity to motivate, lead and boost morale of the teams.
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
- Capacity to handle pressure.
- Willingness to travel extensively across the construction sites.
- Physical and mental fitness is a given.
- Strong focus on quality